Re: How do you stop Security & Privacy from draining battery?
wgboyle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same priblem since

AlysaAnn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem for 2 days - android permanent notification that it's using battery (which it was) and multiple notifcations from the Privacy & Security app that "Safety 24/7 threat Protection is on". 

I have disabled it.

Galaxy note8

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AlysaAnn, 

Thank you very much for adding the details about your experience with the Security and Privacy application. My phone is my lifeline, so I understand how important battery life is. To confirm, did you disable the application itself, or did you disable the push notifications within the application? What difference, if any, did you see in the battery life? Please clarify these details, thank you very much. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wgboyle,

The Security and Privacy app is intended to keep your device secure and safe from unexpected security threats so we're sorry to learn that it's impacting your battery life. The frequency of scans and updates can decrease the battery life on your phone. Based on our testing, the impact of the app on a full charge should be less than 15 minutes. To minimize the battery drainage, try changing the frequency schedule using the following steps:

1. Go to Security Settings.
2. Under Scan Options choose Scan frequency > Schedule Type and change the interval to Customer Schedule then choose Weekly.
**Note: This won't change the real-time scans of messages and apps as they arrive on your device.

If changing the frequency schedule does not work, please tell us what model phone you have and what software version is currently installed.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
bratoff

On my Note 8 it won't let me add it to "unmonitored apps" - it doesn't appear in the list!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you get the assistance that you need with the security options. The phone usually brings up a notification asking if you want to proceed with the download if the application has an untrusted source. What are you trying to install?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
Josephschmoe

Same here.  Just recently, maybe Christmas my phone started getting really slow and running out of battery 3x faster at least.  I used to charge the Galaxy S7 every couple days.  Now twice a day.

And I just started seeing the security thing is draining battery.

I'm so surprised to see what looks like Verizon above saying to force stop and uninstall it 

Probably a big hacker prep, get all the security software ready to miss the bigger attack.

0 Likes
hedges333

This is nuts.  The Digital Secure app turned on the 30 day trial today and it won't turn off.  I verified with customer service that the trial was disabled, and received the text message saying it was off.  However, when I reboot the phone, the notification appears again.  I turn the notification off with the gear icon next to the notification if I drag right, but that doesn't help.  After a while the notification pops back up again.  How do I make it stop?  Nothing else changed today.  I have a Moto z3 with Android 9.  Make it go away!  I don't want this McAfee CIA garbage scanning my phone!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hedges333, we always want you happy with your device. Do you still see the Digital Secure App on your device? Are you able to delete it? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes