How do you stop Security & Privacy from draining battery?
NICMOR20
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone has the Security & Privacy app (downloaded by Verizon not me) but now I get notified constantly that is using battery. What can I do as I still want some type of security on the phone.

Labels (1)
Re: How do you stop Security & Privacy from draining battery?
cad70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here on Note 9. Annoying. I even have notifications blocked for this app in the app setting.

Please fix #VZW

[img]https://i.imgur.com/kyW3sgml.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/73IubMPl.jpg[/img]

bearone21
Legend

depends what you have it do. if it's checking every app update + other checks(which you select), it'll kill the battery.

fwiw:

i have it do one check/week.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is never the experience we want you to have with your Security and Privacy App. We are here to help. What model device do you have? Did anything change on the device when this issue started for your phone?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KYLLAI29
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the LG v30. I was finally able to have this notification go away by

going into app settings and selecting the uninstall update option.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018, 7:20 AM vzw_customer_support <

MARKEL70

Do I really want to uninstall an update to get rid of the battery running from Security?

0 Likes
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

cad70-

I definitely understand the importance of having your phone secured at all times as well as preserving your battery life. Your battery will be consumed every time an app is running in the background.  Disabling the app will stop battery usage. If you would like to stop notifications as well as preventing battery usage from this app, please go into the phone Settings>Apps>select Security and Privacy>select force stop and Uninstall. Please let me know if that works.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

bearone21
Legend

just change what is updated & how often..

fwiw:

i have it do a basic check once a week.

AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm here to help with your battery drain concern, let's look into this. Which device do you have? When did the problem begin? Did you uninstall the update? Any changes? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the
Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JTBetz

If I can chime in, I am getting the same message suddenly, starting yesterday or today.
I used "force stop" this morning but the message has returned.  I have not yet resorted to uninstalling the update.

I have a Samsung SM-J327V

0 Likes