Re: How do you stop Security & Privacy from draining battery?
TLent

I have been getting this notification also for over a month. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. About the same time, the battery started draining faster. When I click on the notification to see the usage, I generally get a message saying 0% used since last full charge. Sometimes it shows up in the App Power Monitor, but generally not exceeding 0.1% per hour.

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Likes
TLent

(I'm replying to the message in order to click the "email me when someone replies" )

0 Likes
TLent

I have been getting this notification also for over a month. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. About the same time, the battery started draining faster. When I click on the notification to see the usage, I generally get a message saying 0% used since last full charge. Sometimes it shows up in the App Power Monitor, but generally not exceeding 0.1% per hour.

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TLent, we never want any app to drain more power than it should from your phone. We are here for you. 

The only way to completely disable an app from using power from the phone is to uninstall the app or disable the app itself https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203677/ 

Regarding the power drain of your phone itself, have you taken a look at the Battery Usage shown in Settings, Device Maintenance, Battery, then tap Battery Usage below where is shows Estimated battery life. The phone will list all the apps on your phone and how much power they are using.

Once you know which ones are using the most power you can adjust your usage to get out of your phone's battery life.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LRushforth

The link in your reply does not work.

I have a Note9, and at least once a day I get the message saying that Security and Privacy is draining my battery.  Is it wise to disable the app? 

0 Likes
TLent

Curiously, all of the apps listed as being the top drains are listed as "0% per hour" and the "Verizon Security & Privacy" app that keeps triggering the alert is not listed, even in the sleeping apps. Furthermore when I follow the link from the alert into App info and click on the Security & Privacy link it also shows the Battery usage as "0% used since last fully charged"

Why am I constantly getting thse alerts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a very valid question LRushforth. I would be weary with uninstalling the application as well. My suggestion would be to not uninstall the Security & Privacy application. We always want our devices to be protected. I would suggest checking to see if there are any additional unused applications that I could remove off of the device to conserve battery power instead. Please click the following link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/ and review the Device Health Check for additional information on the applications that can possibly be removed.

How does this sound?

0 Likes
TLent

Verizon has set up the Security & Privacy app so it cannot be uninstalled. When I try to uninstall it, the only option I get is to uninstall the updates. That doesn't seem like a wise course of action. 

Meanwhile, I conyinue to get the Androis System notifications that the Security & Privacy app is using battery every day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TLent,

Having that drain battery would certainly get old. I understand the desire to not have this continue. It sounds though like it may just be using more than the phone would expect at times. You can uninstall the updates and even disable the app if you like but then it won't be able to keep your device safe. If you prefer to use a different security app or don't want to use this app you can certainly do this but we do believe this app does the best job of keeping your phone running well.

Are you using battery optimization on this device? You can check this following https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204545/ If you go into your settings under device maintenance>battery>unmonitored apps and add this app to the list there does this stop the messages?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
GWSmith1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I disabled it on my Note 9. No more message. Thank you very much.