Re: How do you stop Security & Privacy from draining battery?
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

This app is intrusive and very aggressive on both memory and battery usage. You need to redesign this app and optimize to our devices or remove it entirely. I did not have a choice in activating and running this app. It even ignored my settings when I set it to disable all scanning. So it appears the app is also broken.

Device: LG V30

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I did, on the latest version, it literally ignored that setting and scanned every single app I downloaded and in the background at all times. It even showed a notification bar stating it is "on" and never went away.

0 Likes
NICMOR20
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung S7. I finally just blocked it from telling me that it was using battery. But now I have an issue with it telling me that my friend's internet connection (that you need a password to connect to) is unsecured.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know how important it is to have your phone working as it should be, JTBetz.

Can  you tell me when you updated the phone? Is your battery draining faster as well?

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
JTBetz

Vanessa,

The last phone operating system was on November 20, 2018 (to J327VVRU2BRHA

dated Oct 16, 2018).

Maybe the battery is draining slightly faster than before but it isn't

drastic. In the battery usage screen, Security & Privacy is not shown as

an app currently using the battery - not even under Sleeping Apps.

So I guess the major issue might the unclearable message about it using the

battery.

- JTBetz

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:44 AM vanessas_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I agree that an app that drains a phone is frustrating, JoeMikeKnight. Let’s investigate. What are the top 3 apps under Settings > Battery > Device Usage?  Has the Security & Privacy app’s update been uninstalled and reinstalled?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.securityandprivacy.android.verizon.vms&hl=en_US&re...

AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry to learn that your phone is notifying you that your friend's internet connection is unsecured,

NICMOR20. I can help. When did this issue start? Do you get this notification with every WiFi network or only with specific networks?

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
STEVEOLI2

I'm having the same issue on my s9 since the last system update. Incredibly frustrating!! I have to charge my phone mid day now. This is not ok. Verizon needs to fix this ASAP!

0 Likes
buffalo88fan

Having the same issue on my Motorola Moto Z Play after latest update, battery life used to be full day plus now lucky if it last half a day

0 Likes
davidh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Security & Privacy draining your Motorola Moto Z Play’s
battery, I agree should not be occurring, buffalo88fan. We’re on the case. What
are the top 3 apps under Settings > Battery > Device Usage?  Has the Security & Privacy app’s update
been uninstalled and reinstalled?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.securityandprivacy.android.verizon.vms&hl=en_US&re...

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes