How do see a preview of text messages or see who they are from after the update?
OCKuks16
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon,

Please fix this.  I'm soooo unhappy about the update and I'm reading that I can't roll it back. Fine.  Please fix the text messaging feature. Yesterday I was able to see who the texts were from and a preview of the message. Also on the top left of the screen, there wa a text message and/or an email icon.    Now in that spot it just says "Verizon Wireless" and I have to keep unlocking the phone every time to see what type of otification I received - email or text. Also, it just says "New Message".  It no longer tells me who sent the message nor does it give a preview.

Also, my text display was a nice cool-calming color. Now it's ORANGE!  Yuck! Please change the color of the message page.  I was able to reset my template (and I miss my bird and coffee cup which was replaced by hot-air balloons).  This update changed things that should've been left alone.

HELP PLEASE.  Or tell me how to undo the update.  I loved this phone.  I'm so sad now.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to see a preview of text messages or see who they are from after update today and text display has awful colors now
Snn5
Legend

There is no rollback unfortunately.  As far as your aesthetics go, you'll just have to wait for Android M.  Maybe it won't look so bold and crass.  (3rd party launcher apps can help with some of the colors, and 3rd party messenger apps can help with that aspect)  I know, not the answer you wanted, but it's the best anyone can do.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Unable to see a preview of text messages or see who they are from after update today and text display has awful colors now
Snn5
Legend

There is no rollback unfortunately.  As far as your aesthetics go, you'll just have to wait for Android M.  Maybe it won't look so bold and crass.  (3rd party launcher apps can help with some of the colors, and 3rd party messenger apps can help with that aspect)  I know, not the answer you wanted, but it's the best anyone can do.

0 Likes