How do I transfer music to a Spectrum?
leejay99
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I transfer my music from my computer to my phone?  I have a folder on my computer that contains 1129 songs and that folder is a playlist in iTunes.  I have checked and the playlist in iTunes contains 1129 songs.

1.  I have tried copying from my computer straight to my SD card.  When I disconnect, most of my music isn't on the card.  It does transfer some but nowhere near all.

2.  I take the card out of my phone and put it in the card reader on my computer.  I copy to the card that way and guess what???  When I disconnect, most of my music isn't on the card.  It does transfer some but nowhere near all.

3.  I tried using Windows Media Player, hoping that would work, but of course Android does not like Windows and vice versa.

4.  I went to my local Verizon store and the guy there recommended DoubleTwist.  This works better than the other ways I have tried, to a point.  I have 1129 songs in my iTunes playlist.  I synch it to my phone through DoubleTwist and when I disconnect, I have 406 songs on my phone.

How, on God's green earth, can I copy all 1129 songs to my phone?  It really shouldn't be this difficult.  Is it an issue with the phone?  The SD card?  Or am I missing something?  Someone, please help me!!!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I transfer music to a Spectrum?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

iTunes has historically used a very strict DRM (digital rights management) that does not allow you to use music outside of iTunes.  From what I have heard, this has softened a bit, but I don't use iTunes so I'm not sure.  The DRM also only applies to music downloaded from iTunes, not imported music.  From what I have heard, DoubleTwist IS the best way to sync with iTunes however, like I said, I don't use iTunes, so I have had no reason to use DoubleTwist.

0 Likes