How do I transfer apps?
kevinturcotte1980

Have a Droid 4, and I'm running out of room on my internal storage. I have a 32GB Micro SD card in the phone, with 16 GBs free. How can I transfer apps to the SD card to free up some space on the phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I transfer apps?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know, you can't run apps from the SD card.  But you can move all the data, settings, etc to the card - and make sure all your video, photos, music, etc files are stored on the card.  You can also move all your ringtones and notifications to the card - use a file manager app to see where all the stuff is and move it around.

0 Likes
kevinturcotte1980

Everytime I try an update an app, it tells me that the phone is out of room, and it cancels the update. I don't want to delete any apps. What do I do?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could you temporarily remove a few apps, install a file manager to see where all the storage is being used?  You can also look under Settings >> Storage to see which apps are taking up all the space - I have less than 1 GB used for apps and I have a lot (I think) - including the ones that came pre-installed. (60+)  Maybe it's not a lot...

Are the videos you are streaming stored on the phone at all?  On the card or internal?

0 Likes