How do I set aleutian daylight time? The only option I see is Hawaii/Aleution Standard time, with no option for DST.
pabirds

How do I set Aleutian daylight time? The only option I see is Hawaii/Aleutian Standard time, with no option for DST.

Hawaii does not use daylight savings, but the Aleutians do.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I set aleutian daylight time? The only option I see is Hawaii/Aleution Standard time, with no option for DST.
bearone21
Legend

hawaii doesn't observe dst.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I set aleutian daylight time? The only option I see is Hawaii/Aleution Standard time, with no option for DST.
Klue
Master - Level 1

Turn off automatic time and leave off, select Aleutians, then set the time one hour ahead.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The time should be adjusted when connected to a tower in the Aleutian area. When I went that last time my clock was adjusted when I left Hawaii and got there.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

hawaii doesn't observe dst.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I knew I live there 🙂 I am saying if he went there it should adjust automatically because the towers there should be transmitting the time in that area. That's what the network option is for. If it is not changing it is due to the device or the tower is not doing it's job.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i lived on maui for 11 years.

Tidbits
Legend

Maui is terrible lol that's where I plan to retire.

bearone21
Legend

i was happy to leave & tired of being told i wasn't welcome there.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Maui isn't so "foreign" friendly. It's different now, but still got some locals that are still that bad.