How do I remove the camera widget from the lock screen
dbreeze4me

I want to remove the camera widget from the lock screen. This appeared with the 5.1 version of software.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I remove the camera widget from the lock screen
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try pressing and hold the widget until the garbage can shows up then drag it to the can.

0 Likes
dbreeze4me

Thank you Klue for responding.

There is no garbage can that appears on my lock screen and the widget is not movable. In searching the web for this problem there were 2 vendor apps suggested that would clear this problem, but only works on 4.2 version and do not use on 5.0.1 version because it would cause huge problems with the phone and other apps. I have spent over an hour with Verizon Tier 2 support and they cannot find a way to remove it. My shortcut option is turned off. The only thing I can do is when I am at the lock screen is hold down the camera widget and it locks the camera until the phone is locked again, then the next time you go to the lock screen the camera widget is still operable. It only locks it for one use. I have gone through all the settings and nothing works. Then, during this discussion, my phone updates so I have to redo all my options and disable the software I do not use. After waiting on the update to finish, the tech had me clear the cache and the data for the camera and all my pictures, which were saved only to my SD card were erased. Of course, the update erased all the phone's thumbnails also. I was told that clearing data did not cause the deletion of the photographs. So we guessed that the software update erased my photos from my SD card and, of course, from the phone thumbnails. Does any one else have this problem or a suggestion as to how I can get rid of this problem? Tech siupport's only other suggestion, after the hour long call, was to call LG and find out if they know how to get rid of this widget.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I have the Galaxy S4 and still running Kit Kat so my menu might be a little different than yours.  I can turn off that camera widget on the lock screen by going to settings>device>lock screen>shortcuts (camera) then select none. That removes the camera widget from the lock screen.  Like I said your menu might be a little different on the LG.   It could be that Lollipop made that a non removable widget.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

On LGs, tap Menu, Lockscreen, Shortcuts, tap icon, delete shortcut.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Now, to remove a widget and not a shortcut, tap screen on, drag from clock down (youll see the arrow pint up at the bottom) swipe right or left to where you see a + add widget, tap that.  Uncheck Camera.  Should now be removed.

0 Likes