How do I remove notifications and ringtones from my playlist so only uploaded music plays via bluetooth?
Jallenco

I am trying to get my new Turbo to play my music selections via Bluetooth , but it keeps playing my ringtones and notifications also.  I am having trouble figuring out how to switch them to different locations and making my music the only location to play to my car stereo.  Anybody who can help me either delete the ringtones and notifications, or change their locations and only play my music.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I remove notifications and ringtones from my playlist so only uploaded music plays via bluetooth?
Snn5
Legend

Plug the phone into a PC via USB cable.  Open the Turbo there and make sure you have a Notifications folder and a Music folder.  My Droids always just played what was in the Music folder and not all audio files on the entire phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I remove notifications and ringtones from my playlist so only uploaded music plays via bluetooth?
Snn5
Legend

Plug the phone into a PC via USB cable.  Open the Turbo there and make sure you have a Notifications folder and a Music folder.  My Droids always just played what was in the Music folder and not all audio files on the entire phone.

0 Likes
Jallenco

I opened the Music folder on my Turbo, and it has an "Unknown" folder in it that contains all the notifications and ringtones.  But when I open the Music folder from my computer via USB, that "Unknown" folder is not there.  So I can't move the folder via the USB and computer because it's not there...and Turbo won't let me do it from the phone.  I feel stuck.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It might be possible to create a Notifications folder or Ringtones folder and move the Unknown into it.  Nonetheless, most music players will allow you to specify the folder used for music instead of scanning the whole phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Download a free file explorer app from the Play Store and dig around the folders moving the ringtones and notifications to the proper folders.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Snn5
Legend

ES File Explorer is a good app that I have used with success.

0 Likes