How do I remove 'Asked to download android' popup when connecting to internet?
tmc75
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I click on my internet app or go to a link, a pop-up appears asking to download for android.  It is a black screen and picture of the android icon in green with a status bar moving back and forth.  I cannot access anything via the internet because of this.  I cannot hit the "back" button or home key to get rid of it.  However, I can turn off the phone completely and restart it again, to get rid of it.  I was wondering if this is normal and/or safe to download.  Thanks for any advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Asked to download android when connecting to internet.
tmc75
Enthusiast - Level 3

I actually think I solved the problem.  After reading about other phone issues people had, I tried to clear the cache for many of my apps including the internet browser.  What could it hurt?  It worked!  Now I am able to get on the web.  Maybe the message/popup appeared and affected by browser from a site (WebMD) I was last on when it first happened.  Thanks for reaching out to help though.  Hopefully this was a one-time thing.  I will remember to clear the cache/data often in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us about this tmc75. I am sure this caught you off guard. Based on you descriptiong this sounds liks a software update. Is this still happening right now? What internet app are you clicking on?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tmc75
Enthusiast - Level 3

I actually think I solved the problem.  After reading about other phone issues people had, I tried to clear the cache for many of my apps including the internet browser.  What could it hurt?  It worked!  Now I am able to get on the web.  Maybe the message/popup appeared and affected by browser from a site (WebMD) I was last on when it first happened.  Thanks for reaching out to help though.  Hopefully this was a one-time thing.  I will remember to clear the cache/data often in the future.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@tmc75

I'm glad to hear that the troubleshooting steps you took resolved your device issue.  Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.  Have a great day and weekend!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes