How do I know if my text messages are being blocked???
AAAC

I'm using Message+ on a S5 and this particular recipient does not have their settings to send a "read" or "delivered" notification BUT, I have found if when you send a MMS message (whether it be a pic, video, or a long text that gets converted to a multimedia message) you will STILL get the "Delivered" notification, even if the recipient has that feature turned off.  That doesn't work for normal/short texts but it does work for larger messages (that are converted to MMS messages).  I know this b/c I've tried it with several different people.  All that being said, for the last couple days I have not been getting a "Delivered" notification with my MMS messages to one particular person.  They say "Sent" at the end of the message...and when I check the delivery status, it just says "Sent" as well...whereas they said "Delivered" all the way up until Thursday morning.  This particular person isn't responding to me right now so I'm curious to know if I have been blocked.  Is there any well to tell???  I'd like to know if they are in fact receiving my messages on their phone.?.?  Thank you for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I know if my text messages are being blocked???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AAAC

Sending messages and pictures are a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. The only real way to know if the recipient is receiving your messages will be to contact them directly. The “sent” and “delivered” are not a 100% way of confirming. Are you having any issues sending messages to anyone else? Are you able to call this number without issue?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I would say that you should call the recipient. Is there a reason that you might be ignored by this person? A little clue, Delivered will show when you are texting a VZW customer. Sent will show for all others. This has no bearing on the receiver's settings. Everyone in my family has iPhone (except me) and when I use Messages+ it shows Delivered to them because they are on Verizon.

0 Likes
AAAC

To answer both of your questions...I'm not able to call this person at this time because they most likely will not answer anyway.  That being said, this is the ONLY number I'm having this issue with.  I still get the delivered status for MMS messages sent to other phone numbers, even if they are on other carriers or are I-phones.

Yes, I am being ignored by this person BUT this person was reading my texts before b/c they were being delivered.  Now, I have no idea if they are or not b/c I'm only getting the "Sent" status and not the delivered status when I message them.  This made me wonder if they might be using some kind of blocking app that was dumping my messages before they got them.  This particular person is on a different network as well but the delivery status issue is a new thing that started a couple days ago with only this one particular person.

Thank you.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I beg to differ with you on what the status shows. That's neither here nor there. I would advise to be careful. Constant calling or texting could be considered harassment and you could get in trouble. If the person doesn't want to talk to you then you should stop trying to make contact.

0 Likes
AAAC

I get that...and that's not the case here.  Thanks though.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MY93STEALTH

Yes your blocked if they have a verizon phone using verizon messenger it will confirm delivery. If they have Verizon messager only tho my boyfriend has sprint and his will only say sent.

0 Likes