How do I import group contact lists from an SD card?
chucks4

I had to get a replacement phone, and exported my old contacts to my SD card, and when I imported the contact from the SD card to my new replacement, the contacts came over, but no group lists.  How do I get those?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I import group contact list
Snn5
Legend

I might even export the contacts to the card and then import them into Gmail contacts via PC and USB.  Create an export from the contacts to the card.  Then plug the phone into the PC and go to GMail.  Under contracts you can import that file from the card.  That should rectify the problem.  If it does not, then manual entry might be needed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you had that group contact backed up via Google then it should re-sync.  If not, you may need to create a new group with selected contacts.  It is conceivable that you could still import those contacts from the SD card into Google or if the old phone is available you could connect to WiFi and sync as well.

0 Likes
chucks4

Thanks.....so to do it directly from the device, I would upload the groups into google first?  I've seen the export contacts, but still not sure how that would reconcile the groups into the correct places.  When I exported the contacts to the SD, I was hoping the groups would have been exported also.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I might even export the contacts to the card and then import them into Gmail contacts via PC and USB.  Create an export from the contacts to the card.  Then plug the phone into the PC and go to GMail.  Under contracts you can import that file from the card.  That should rectify the problem.  If it does not, then manual entry might be needed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chucks4, Snn5 offered great steps to help try and recover your group contacts. Did those steps help out? Should help minimize manual re-entry. Please keep us posted, chucks4.

Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!