How do I go back to my old keyboard?
Jim5512
Enthusiast - Level 2

An update was pushed out the other day and it changed the keyboard design. Is there a way to go back to the old one? The new one is horrible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keyboard
Jim5512
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got it back. There was another Google app Pinyin Input that was disabled. I re-enabled that and now my old, original keyboard is back. That's what I was after to begin with. Thanks.

View solution in original post

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

You may be able to go to settings>apps>then find the keyboard. Once you select the keyboard you should see an option to uninstall updates. That will get you back to the keyboard that you're used to.

0 Likes
Jim5512
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, that did not work. I disabled the keyboard, but it did an uninstall and now I have none. If I try to text, etc. it only gives me the option for speaking, talk to text. There is no keyboard present. Help.

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Was it the Google Keyboard or was it a different keyboard?

0 Likes
Jim5512
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was the Google keyboard. I did find it under disabled apps though and re-enabled it. But it does not show up.

0 Likes
Jim5512
Enthusiast - Level 2

And it currently shows as running under Apps.

0 Likes
Jim5512
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got it back. There was another Google app Pinyin Input that was disabled. I re-enabled that and now my old, original keyboard is back. That's what I was after to begin with. Thanks.

radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Glad you got it figured out.

0 Likes
Jim5512
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, Google must insist that I have their new keyboard because the keyboard update keeps getting pushed to my phone. I have gone through the process noted above 3-4 times in the last few days and it works great, but then the Google keyboard update runs without my approval and changes it back to their new one that I do not like. Is there a way to disable this update or remove it permanently so I don't have to keep battling with it?  Thanks in avance for any input.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Download another keyboard with the look you want and set that as the default.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes