Re: How do I get WiFi usable again on LG G3 with Lollipop?
JDXB88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same experience as you on my LG G3.

0 Likes
dkfuzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have that modem. What did you tell Comcast? I didn't know they had other modems.

0 Likes
JDXB88
Enthusiast - Level 2

The device worked before the update, and lollipop comes out and people on LG G3s all over this forum cannot operate with efficiency like we used to. What do you not understand? Your textbook-responses only serve to infuriate many users like myself who know for a fact this update is the culprit. What would make me happy is a link or an option to roll back to the old version while the kinks are being worked out with Lollipop.

JDXB88
Enthusiast - Level 2

My response was directed at Verizon for the record lol.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

Bingo, I kinda knew you are using the same modem as what I had. I rent Comcast modem so just asked for a different one. What I don't understand is why Google would come out with such a terrible operating system that would be so picky on the types/brands of modems. This stuff is supposed to be backward compatible meaning the modems exist earlier than Lollipop (and the modems aren't that old either).

0 Likes
dkfuzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me know if the new modem works.  Slow or no wifi is very frustrating.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, got the new Cisco gateway, plugged it in, unfortunately it is slow as usual. Fortunately, this saves you the trouble to do what I did. However, comcast has this thing called xinfinity hotspot, it uses my modem as the hotspot and it is fast. What I don't get is why routing from the same machine/router, one (home network) is slow, one (the hotspot) is fast.

Anyway, already spent too much time on this lousy Lollipop.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

Ok one more thing to try, there is a small pin hole on the back of ur modem, Try to insert a pin and hold there for at least 30 sec. This resets the router. Let me know how it goes...

0 Likes
cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have noticed that wi fi works better on some other networks?   I have talked to Comcast and they did not suggest that alternative......but did reset the router/modem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Azwethinkweiz18,

We hear your need for speed! Place the device in Safe Mode then test the Wi-fi to see if the speeds increase. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/ . Keep us posted

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes