Re: How do I get WiFi usable again on LG G3 with Lollipop?
PwrPak
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not your router , it's the damn Lollicrap update ! , You have to go back to Verizon, reflash to old kitkat... boom. So many issues with the wi-fi. , lol i just think verizon is doing another hidden agenda for Force their data over wi-fi. Won't be the first

JoshCamp88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too experienced basically useless wifi connectivity. It is ridiculously slow, regardless of what website or app I use.  I never had a problem before the Lollipop upgrade and all other phones, PCs, and my wife's iPhone work just fine with IPV6.  My router is not the issue.  When I test IPV6 capability sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  I tried different forums on Reddit.  I have done a factory reset, toggled CDMA/Global settings, changed wifi to turn on and off with the screen, nothing worked. The only way it seems is either root my new phone and isable IPV6 or wait for another update.  Very unhappy.

dkfuzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still can't use Wi-Fi.  Been almost a month now.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

I think it will take another 2~3 months before the next system update comes...

0 Likes
ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

A patch is in the works from Verizon and should be delivered anywhere from 1 - 3 weeks from now.  The next major LG update 5.1 is not going to be released for months.

0 Likes
Out934SW
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a link to more information on the impending patch?

I am extremely unhappy my phone is close to useless over WiFi, plus battery drain, plus it gets hot, etc.  About to kick Verizon, LG and Google all to the curb unless this gets fixed and soon.  I'll stick w my Samsung phone on AT&T with good ol' reliable KitKat.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

I doubt it (the release of the patch) will be that quick, even if it does, I doubt it will fix the problems.

0 Likes
ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

I obtained the info from a Verizon developer so no official link exists. I will be checking next week on how the patch is going if it is not released before then. I am not very hopeful though.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

I can’t explain this. First of all, I did not install any apps to resolve the wifi slowness as well as missing hangout notification in wifi. I did not get any new Lollipop updates, still at 5.0.1 . However, the two issues mentioned above went away suddenly. I have NO idea why… The only reason I can think of is Comcast did a patch to their router which makes everything works…. Any idea?

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry false alarm. The problem returns after a reboot... pls ignore what I said...

0 Likes