Re: How do I get WiFi usable again on LG G3 with Lollipop?
cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

Done that and it makes no difference.  I continually get a message on my phone:  "the wi fi network to which you are connected is not connected to the internet",  yet my wifi signal is strong, and under settings it says it is connected.....and from my laptop in front of me at the time, I am surfing the internet....

You need to stop giving a lot of bad advice for this problem.  e.g. factory reset, safe mode, bad apps, you even sent me a replacement phone,......and if you look, the internet chat rooms are full of the same issues....unsolved and frustrated.  None of those things work! 

Verizon Lollipop needs a "patch".......wifi at best lags, 15-30 secs to load a website, or not at all,,,,tried different browsers, reset router, and modem,  called Xfinity...reset....It's the software!  fix it!  and be more transparent  and open about the problem instead of sending us on wild goose chases.   That just treats your customer like an idiot.

cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

In addition to my other reply, when the phone says the wi fi is not connected, it shifts to data over Verizon network which has resulted in my data use doubling on a daily basis....so, I have turned off the data so that it will not do that.  This means that when I am not getting text messages, and other benefits of data connection.  But, I hope all of you who exceed your data plan will refuse to pay for the overruns....I will not overrun but I have no use of my phone either.

0 Likes
cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

This did not work.....I am not a happy camper....they insisted that I update to 5.0.1.....same old problems.

blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

I absolutely agree, it is NOT the hardware problem, it is the software issue. If I was VZ, I would be holding Google accountable for all this. VZ customer service, please speak out for your customers, we have no counterpart in Google representing us but you do. Talk to your Google counterpart about these problems. Stop sending us useless instructions (such as reset, exchange phones etc), talk to Google pls, get us a working patch

dkfuzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed!     ^^^^^^^^^^^

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
JDXB88,

I understand how you feel. Unfortunately, once the software has been updated we are unable to change it back to the previous software.

In many cases 3rd party applications that have not been updated to work properly with Lollipop, can cause the phone to work twice as hard to run them (even in the background when you're not using them) creating some issues. There may be situations where downloaded application developers do not immediately update their applications to support new versions of the OS. We recommend checking for any app updates in the Google Play store.

You can also try this http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-156889/ and power cycle the phone.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

OMG, I am speechless

Guys after all, we are talking to "machines", all those responses from VZWSupport seem to come automatically... Not from real customers service personnel. Since we "clearly" addressed that we had wiped caches, power cycles thousands times, reset phones/exchanged phones, and problems still persist. BTW "handout" is developed by google so it should not count as a 3rd party app, I don't think. I guess we should stop wasting our time to post questions, they are NOT being read anyway.

weaselz
Enthusiast - Level 2

The lollypop 5.0 upgrade is the problem. After numerous calls to verizon support, they offered to send me a replacement used phone. After i refused, telling them my phone is new and should work like new, they reminded me that in my "agreement" they can replace it with a used phone. I remind them that they advertise the phone to work, and it doesn't, because of something they did. Thats just downright malicious. I am in a position now to dump verizon. People need to demand whats right, if not, hit em where it hurts$$$.

lesyo64
Enthusiast - Level 1

See my post. Looks like Verizon doesn't have a plan to fix the "upgrade".

0 Likes
azwethinkweiz18
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi PamelaF_VZW,

The connection speeds have been improving. I wonder if it is because there is some caching that is going on in the background? Sites that I have already visited definitely load much faster. Still, some new sites that I visit have a pretty slow response initially. I've tried placing my phone in safe-mode. The lag for new sites still exists in safe-mode. Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Zack