How do I get WiFi usable again on LG G3 with Lollipop?
azwethinkweiz18
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get WiFi usable again on LG G3 with Lollipop? I've tried factory reset and it doesn't help. The WiFi works, but its so slow that it will sometimes timeout on the Chrome browser and not even load a page! The problem is not the browser - both Chrome and Dolphin are slow. The websites are not a problem either - the same websites on my computer load perfectly fine. Also, this never happened until I go the Lollipop update. I'm thinking it is really due to this update (a lot of other people maybe have this issue). Has anyone else experienced this issue or figured out how to solve it? Thanks!

Labels (1)
Re: How do I get WiFi usable again on LG G3 with Lollipop?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
azwethinkweiz18, we want your phone be used to it's full advantage! What happens when you try to connect to Wi-Fi? Do you have other devices connected to that Wi-Fi connection?

Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the software update? Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your phone?

For more details regarding the recent software update on your device, click  http://vz.to1HJ0aDM

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
azwethinkweiz18
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply!

> What happens when you try to connect to Wi-Fi?

It connects to Wi-Fi just fine. It has problems loading web pages while on the Wi-Fi. The blue-bar indicating the page loading simply stops about 1/10th of the way for several seconds and sometimes never loads (due to the timeout). Here's an example of me trying to load a website (microsoft.com):

Screenshot_2015-04-26-12-05-37_stuck.png

> Do you have other devices connected to that Wi-Fi connection?

Yes, there are three other devices (laptops running Windows) connected to the same Wi-Fi connection, with no problems.

> Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the software update?

Yes. I've powered off/on and it doesn't help.

> Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your phone?

No. I actually did a factory reset after the installation, hoping that would help, but it also did not fix the problem. So as of now I have NO installed applications and the problem persists.

0 Likes
cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have exactly this problem and have talked/chatted for support and tried all of their suggestions but to no avail.  Even reset my router, modem....  Now Verizon insisted on send me a certified like new replacement phone.  Which I do not think solves the real problem and told them so.  My phone is new and should work, but not with the updated software.

Verizon must fix this quickly....wifi/browsers do not work..  tried three browsers.  all other devices in the house work fine.  You better watch your data use because I found my phone using data even when wifi signal was strong on a known network.

Klue
Master - Level 1

Have you tried changing the settings on your router. Change the channel and frequency to a different number especially if it is on an auto setting.

0 Likes
azwethinkweiz18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think its unlikely the router. I have tried two different routers at home, both have this problem. Also the problem exists at school (which is a better Wi-Fi system than my home one).

cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not the router.....in addition to factory reset, have run phone in safe mode for 24 hours, does not work.

Problems in addition to wifi connectivity and browsers.

battery drain

many apps do not work at all or are slow, freeze, or lag badly

backup and sync do not work 100%....glitches...I lost all settings, passwords, on factory reset even after backup.

and......I am seeing no advantages to the lollipop upgrade?

dkfuzz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same with me. I don't even use wifi as it is to frustrating.  Just did factory reset hoping for a fix but....

0 Likes
cold60
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon support sent me a certified replacement phone which had android 4.4.2, so rather than upgrade to the new software, I will ride with the old.  Even though this phone might upgrade without a hitch.  After 5.0.1 experience, I am a happy camper..  I will continue to follow the forum and wait for the all clear before upgrading again.

If frustration get the best of you, try forcing the issue..on chat, under customer support.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

Are you using Comcast Arris router/modem? If yes, Lollipop has some trouble with that kind of modems, not sure why. I tried other modems with wifi and they work fine. Comcast is sending me a different modem.

0 Likes