How do I get Android 7 (Nougat) on LG V10 (VS990)
mattjans
Enthusiast - Level 2

My employer just told me that I can't use business software on my phone because I only have Android 6.0. I went into the settings and confirmed, and checked for updates, but it says my phone is up to date. I've seen a lot of threads on here about this issue but not seeing any solutions. Please advise. How do I get Nougat on my phone without rooting and doing it myself?

Thanks!

-Matt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get Android 7 (Nougat) on LG V10 (VS990)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The manufacturer might have already ended support for that model. Unofficial software might not be allowed with that business software too as the phone might be more open to vulnerabilities.

It might be time to get a new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

yep, time for a new phone.

0 Likes
mattjans
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, if I decide I want to root and install Nougat myself, will I still be able to run Verizon software, backup, etc. on it? Thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mattjans wrote:

So, if I decide I want to root and install Nougat myself, will I still be able to run Verizon software, backup, etc. on it? Thanks.

Unfortunately, any further discussion about this topic cannot be continued on this community forum. The terms of service for the community forum prohibit discussing the details of rooting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.