How do I fix the battery drain after the lollipop update?
sushi3
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new update is draining the battery on my Note 3. I used to be able to go all day doing everything on my phone including watching a few shows on Netflix without charging my phone until bedtime but every since the new update I have had to charge my phone at least 3 times a day. Is this issue being looked at?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop draining battery on Note 3
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

Try going into your settings --> Wifi --> Advanced settings. Make sure that "Always allow scanning" and "keep wifi on during sleep" are unchecked or disabled. That should help a ton.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mfro14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue after updating to Lollipop. My Note 3 is constantly downloading and uploading data.. it never stops, which I believe is causing the battery drain. I booted up in Safe Mode to rule out if there was a third-party apps going rogue. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be the issue.  I even tried a factory reset, which didn't work as well. I'm at a loss...

0 Likes
sushi3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is constantly searching for GPS, something it never did before. I'm refusing to do a factory reset considering my phone had no problem transitioning over without me doing so. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that has this issue.

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

Try going into your settings --> Wifi --> Advanced settings. Make sure that "Always allow scanning" and "keep wifi on during sleep" are unchecked or disabled. That should help a ton.

0 Likes