How do I file a complaint against a local store?
Victim76051

Local Verizon store displays banner about helping victims of domestic abuse. Yesterday I WAS the victim of domestic abuse and my Verizon cell phone would not connect with 911 when I dialed. Luckily I got to another phone and call the the police.

Today my husband I and tried to get my phone -- under replacement contract -- replaced at the local store, but three different employees of the local store could only get me a phone delivered within a couple days, or pay extra to get it possibly delivered overnight. I need a phone NOW, since the person who abused me might very well come back and do it again, and my phone will not connect with outgoing calls. This was confirmed in the store. Granted, I am emotional after being assaulted, but the emotionless and uncaring response of the Verizon staff was a stone wall, as six or seven employees circled to surround my husband and me as we tried to explain that we just wanted a new phone, so I can call for help if I need it. One employee kept saying he would help me, but he did nothing, just told us to calm down and raised his hand in the air. They asked if we had another phone or an old phone that I could use. Their best suggestion was that they could look for a loaner phone in the back room. We left, and I said I would take care of it online.

BUT...online, it showed a pending order,, uncompleted. So I tried Chat with Verizon sales customer service. Hello...who do I have the pleasure of chatting with today? I explained the whole situation and asked for help. Their reply: Hello...who do I have the pleasure of chatting with today?

CALLED when I finally found a number for customer service. A VERY understanding female rep helped me, said the Verizon store had placed an order for a phone to be delivered TO THE VERIZON STORE within 3 to 5 days.

The rep assured me she could help, and she did. She and another understanding rep took my info and are sending a phone overnight, and waived the $12.95 fee.

So my question: Why does Verizon say it wants to help victims of Domestic Violence, when a paying customer who IS a victim can't even get her non-working phone replaced in-store without waiting 3 to 5 days?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I file a complaint against a local store?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

In this day and age, we certainly do rely on these devices for so much. When these stop working, Verizon Wireless starts working towards getting back your communication.  The options provided were in line with the resources available at our retail locations. Under the warranty replacement program, our first option is to recommend shipping out a fixed phone of the same make and model. This solution suits the needs of a majority of our customers. We acknowledge a one-size-fits-all solution is not always for everyone, and in this instance it was appropriate to offer the loaner device as a means to reestablish your communication.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes