How do I download photos from Android to computer?
susanne17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I want to download photos from Verizon Cloud to my MacBook Pro.  I also want to transfer photos directly from my MacBook to the Galaxy. Everything seems to be so difficult using the Galaxy!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I download photos from Android to computer?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can transfer files from your Verizon Cloud by logging into via Verizon and going to my verizon>my device>back up my contacts (this takes you to the cloud) from there you just need to select the right buttons; they are very tiny and don't tell you what they do, but some allow you to select all, then share/transfer etc.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can transfer files from your Verizon Cloud by logging into via Verizon and going to my verizon>my device>back up my contacts (this takes you to the cloud) from there you just need to select the right buttons; they are very tiny and don't tell you what they do, but some allow you to select all, then share/transfer etc.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I think what you meant to say was that every thing is so difficult when using a Mac.  On windows, you just plug in your phone and you can access the photos through the file browser.  Most Androids default to MTP, which allows you to access everything in the user space on the memory, photos are in the DCIM folder and this would be the way to put photos onto the phone.  Or you can change to PTP, which allows you to import them as you would a digital camera.  I thought part of the reason for changing to these modes (MTP and PTP) was to make it more user friendly towards Mac users, but I don't have any experience with them myself.  It would be nice if Apple would open up a little and allow you to access your iCloud and just retrieve your pictures that way.  Alas, they only want you to use their products and will do what they can to make it difficult to do otherwise.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

After plugging in my S6, after going to the USB connection options, it refers to http://www.android.com/filetransfer for using file transfer on a Mac (this is while phone is in MTP).

0 Likes