Re: How do I disable auto emojis when I text using Verizon Messages ?
sld12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've also been having this same problem, it's very annoying.

mclyburn81
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had found a solution once and can't seem to find the thread again. I'm again having the same problem. Smart emojis are not enabled but it still does it

hstegall
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully you'll be able to find it once more, and once you do let us know

as we would all appreciate it!

Germs80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. Emoji suggestions (highlighted words that have emoji's associated to them), when using the Swype feature, are extremely annoying as well. You can't edit if it has a typo. The word has to be deleted and retyped. Can that be turned off?

ARoninLiberal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  They don't stop even after disabling them in settings on my android phone.

ldyglfr2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. I have tried numerous times and numerous suggestions on how to disable this menace called smart emojis and nothing works. Whoever invented this annoying app must have been deranged. Please someone find an answer!

sld12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bump

Please stop ignoring this Verizon.

Steveo344
Enthusiast - Level 2

GS5

Lollipop

Verizon Messenger

I even tried a factory reset, but still the Damn emojis keep popping up even tho they've been disabled for months!

CoastieITToo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maybe this will help this is the only setting I changed and when I returned to message+ the dreaded emoji allocation has disappeared.

In settings

Language & Input

Google Keyboard

Appearance & Layouts

Custom input style

Here's where it looked strange but after you select the settings nothing will appear different if you return.

Select Custom input style

German (QWERTY)

In Language dropdown select English (US)

When I selected this a popup appeared stating English was already selected, I went back to Verizon message+ and magically everything was better.

Please let me know if this fixed anyone's issues as I know this was a pain in the but for myself. And Verizon, you owe me big if this helps. Although I completely suspect you'll not even thank me, so no big.

stewartjk1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is an annoying problem but one I was able to solve.  I don't know if this works for everyone but it worked on my Samsung Galaxy 5 with Verizon Messaging:

1)  Go to Settings and actually ENABLE Smart Emojis

2)  Then exit Settings

3)  Then go back into Settings and disable them.

When I did this, then started a new message, Smart Emojis were disabled.  Let's see how long it lasts.  Verizon really seems to want us to use this dumb feature so it will probably be re-enabled next update. Smiley Sad