How do I disable LG G3 update notifications?
JebediahKerman42

From what I've read and seen from my friends' phones, I have decided that I REALLY don't want to update to lollipop. The numerous battery drain and wifi issues are quite enough to deter me from updating. However, Verizon seems to think that not updating isn't an option. I've so far just hit the "back" button every time Verizon begs me to update (about 10 times per day), but the notification is always on the bar and the light is draining battery on its own. How do I get System Update to stop pestering me about something I very strongly do not want to do?

Bonus question for Verizon, Why the hell is there no "I don't want to update" button? Forcing a buggy update on your customers doesn't seem like a good idea.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I disable LG G3 update notifications?
Sunshinekv27
Enthusiast - Level 1

There isn't any way to stop it unfortunately 😞 found out the hard way myself because I felt the same way you did and didn't want to change from KitKat. I refused and "no thank you" clicked over and over and finally one day out of nowhere the download started on its own and forced to update. Be very aware of your backups and make sure to do them because you will have to factory reset once it updates to the new software (also a bummer). Hope this helps! Good luck....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I disable LG G3 update notifications?
Sunshinekv27
Enthusiast - Level 1

There isn't any way to stop it unfortunately 😞 found out the hard way myself because I felt the same way you did and didn't want to change from KitKat. I refused and "no thank you" clicked over and over and finally one day out of nowhere the download started on its own and forced to update. Be very aware of your backups and make sure to do them because you will have to factory reset once it updates to the new software (also a bummer). Hope this helps! Good luck....

0 Likes