How do I automatically resend failed text messages
not76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I often have failed to send text messages. I'm sure is due to my location. I would like the phone to automatically resend until it finally sends the message? Currently i have the HTC M8. I have not found any settings for this phone to do it. Does this phone do that? What phone does do that? What app do I need? Whatever the resolution is it needs to happen. thanks

Labels (1)
Re: How do I automatically resend failed text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

not76,

Thanks so much for visiting us on the forums. Sorry to hear about trouble with your phone. We want your device to work the way you need it to! Let's get you some helpful information. The way your phone is operating is correct. The default messaging apps will all ask you to press resend. I would recommend experimenting with some of the apps in the app store, as some of them will do this for you.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
not76
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about you name one of those apps that do this? Is it not clear that is what I would like to know? Customer Support is your name but you tell me go figure it out myself?

NO, the default messaging will not ask if you wan to resend.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Go SMS Pro will do this, but it's a separate app and a replacement for your current messaging app.  The only other way i know to resend a failed message is to actually long-press the message and tap resend.

0 Likes
not76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been testing sms pro since you shared it. It does not resend or keep trying, I can not find settings for such. It does seem to put out more effort to send message which is an improvement. I've had less unsents so far. So this app appears to help reduce the pain. Thank you