How do I add speed dial to key pad on Droid Turbo 2?
CA_Native

Hi. I'm new to the Droid Turbo 2.  My Samsung S5 & other phones allowed me to assign up to 99 or so contacts to the numeric keypad. The only Turbo 2 info I've found is to add individual speed dial or text contacts to my home screen.  I don't like to clutter up my home screen.  Placing them into a Speed Dial folder on the home screen is equally cumbersome to search while on the go.  I just want to press the number and get that contract.

Please help!  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I add speed dial to key pad on Droid Turbo 2?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shandycat,

I know that having the ability to add speed dialing to your phone is a good feature. I have the first Turbo & wondered about this at one time. The only way to add speed dial is to add a widget to one of the home screens. For the Turbo 2, it is the same way. I’ve done some research & the Turbo2 does not have the capability to add speed dial to the dial pad numbers. You can always reach out to Motorola directly at 800-734-5870 to see if they have any other options.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1
0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

All from a simple google search.

0 Likes
Shandycat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe you could try reading the question first before posting a useless answer and then being smug about having solved NOTHING. The OP said they don't want to clutter their homscreen with dozens of individual speed dial widgets, which is what your link says to do. It's also for a Turbo, not a Turbo 2. 

The Turbo 2 has a screen devoted to Speed Dial numbers but it appears to simply be populating automatically with recently called contacts, which may not necessarily be who you want on speed dial.

I haven't had much luck finding out how to do this on my Turbo 2 either, so if you come across some information that is actually applicable to the issue, and without the attitude, we would appreciate it.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

In response to YOUR attitude, the point behind the link DID answer the question. This is the way to do speed dials. It is not my fault that you did not agree to how I chose to answer the question.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

One thing the instructions did not tell is if you drag the numbers on top of each other it will create a folder on the screen so there is only one folder on the screen, and the speed dials are inside.  Your link Does answer the original question.  Another way to do it is download an app called favorites with collapses to a single line and I believe you can configure it to show one square or up to 4 across.

Shandycat
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, this is NOT how you add speed dials on a Turbo TWO.

Let me try rephrasing the question: How do you add contacts to the SPEED DIAL SCREEN on the TURBO 2? Not on the home screen, not using a widget, not using a third-party app full of ads that will destroy your ability to use the phone.

On the actual SPEED DIAL screen.

Sounds like attitude is the only language you speak. Can you help or not? Do you know what the Turbo 2 SPEED DIAL screen looks like? I'd post a screenshot if I could.

Regardless, your original link does NOT answer the question; stop trying to defend it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just because it worked on a Samsung phone, doesn't mean it would work on a Motorola phone. Especially when Motorola doesn't customize the Android OS as much as Samsung does. The auto populate is how the vanilla Android OS adds people to the speed dial screen of the dialer. You can also star your preferred contacts to add to the screen. That is how Motorola also implemented it. Samsung added their own code to their dialer application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Once again, it is not my fault that you did not, or rather do not like the answer that is from the Verizon wireless page. Perhaps your next steps should be calling Motorola and reverifying with them.

case closed

0 Likes
Shandycat
Enthusiast - Level 2

Holy crap, dude. Can you not READ? Your solution is for the WRONG PHONE.

THE

WRONG

PHOOOONNNNE

Why don't you post Verizon's instructions for adding speed dial contacts for the iPhone or Blackberry? That will do as much good at solving this as your pathetic reply.

Get over your narcissistic self!

0 Likes