How do I access my device if I am locked out?
zacsmommie

I Can't access my phone now. I changed it last night from the swipe to a 4 digit code out of anger and now I can't get into it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help, I changed my lock passcode and I'm locked out
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dbarton308,

I am sorry to hear that did not work for you. We want you to have access into your phone again. Since those steps did not work the next step is to perform an alternate factory reset of your device. Keep in mind this will wipe out all information that is on your device, so any info that was not backed up will be lost. What make/model device do you have?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

At some point you will have to enter your Google Account log in info, if that is done incorrectly, the phone will auto wipe.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
zacsmommie,

Let's make sure we get you back into your phone. That's crucial. You can actually go to the Android Device Manager http://bit.ly/1IPfnUP and log into your Google account. From there choose the lock option and you can lock the phone with a new password. You'll then be able to use that to get back in!

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
dbarton308

Tried that, still would not let me in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
dbarton308,

I am sorry to hear that did not work for you. We want you to have access into your phone again. Since those steps did not work the next step is to perform an alternate factory reset of your device. Keep in mind this will wipe out all information that is on your device, so any info that was not backed up will be lost. What make/model device do you have?

LindseyT_VZW
0 Likes
I'm locked out

Locked out. 

0 Likes