How can you tell if the LG V10 is Fast Charging with QC 2.0?
peterchan55555
Enthusiast - Level 2

I plug the new LG V10 in with various chargers, including the 1.8A charger that is included with the phone and I don't see anywhere on the screen where it notifies me that I'm fast charging or using a compatible QC 2.0 charger?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can you tell if the LG V10 is Fast Charging with QC 2.0?
MrFantastic81
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I plug mine in, it says "Fast Charging (whatever)% on the lock screen. Idk if you're using yours without the lock screen enabled, but that is usually where it shows up on the only two phones that I have had with this capability. Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

In theory a quick charge should charge the battery from 0% to 50% in about a half hour. You could try doing a rough timing estimate to see how the phone is doing.

Some other Android phones will show Fast Charging by going to Settings > Battery. The status will appear above the battery usage meter.

0 Likes
peterchan55555
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, shows no new language in the Settings > Battery page. Guess, you just have to trust that it's charging quicker. Stupid that it doesn't indicate when it's charging at a different rate. I remember seeing plenty of dialog boxes pop up when you are using a computer to charge or a low amp charger and the rate was going to be 'slower' than normal. Why not show the reverse.

Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Likes
Perezs07

If you pull down the drop down menu when connected to charger it should say fast charging.

0 Likes
MrFantastic81
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I plug mine in, it says "Fast Charging (whatever)% on the lock screen. Idk if you're using yours without the lock screen enabled, but that is usually where it shows up on the only two phones that I have had with this capability. Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

pruncie

There's a really good software that will tell you,DU Battery Saver.  You can get it from the Play Store.

0 Likes