How can i get my software updates for my prepaid samsung illusion
annoyed724

I have recently purchased the samsung illusion for prepaid. Upon looking on the samsung site i noticed there was a software update for the device. Ihave contacted customer service by telephone and email. The information i have recieved from them is that verizon wireless does not offer OTA updates for this device even though this link says otherwise http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/illusion.html the change log mentions prepaid. After that they told me either to use kies (samsung says this device is not supported) or to visit a retail store to get the software loaded (After an hour they told me that they dont have software flashing software in store as of last year). After contacting samsung i was told that they had no idea that verizon didnt do OTA software updates. Since this upgrade is ota only they cannot send it to me. here is samsungs information about the firmware for this device http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00048530/52842/SCH-I110ZKAVZW  . In conclusion if u want the updated software for ur device do not go verizon prepaid every other carrier offers OTA. Can anyone PLZ help me get this update?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can i get my software updates for my prepaid samsung illusion
Not applicable

Unfortunately Verizon is famous for lagging behind when it comes to updates to the phones.

Did samsung say they released the update to verizon? Did Verizon tell you they did not have the ota update out for your device? Did you google search to see if the update is on one of the droid forums?

Many times you can get the update from these other sites.

As a side statement, not every update is great. If the phone functions properly leave it alone. Better is not always best.

Just read some of the issues others are having with the S3 and Galaxy 4 or Jelly Bean update etc. etc. etc.

Be happy with what you have now and save yourself the agravation and sorrow.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: How can i get my software updates for my prepaid samsung illusion
annoyed724

The update is relased and active as of 03/25/2013  and verizon says that they do not offer OTA at all for prepaid

0 Likes