How can I turn off voicemail?
GMackey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to shot off my voicemail so people can't leave me messages. How do I get this accomplished?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I turn off voicemail?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That will only turn off the notification for new voicemails.

To remove the ability to leave a voicemail from the line, the OP needs to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from another Verizon phone and request the removal of the voicemail feature from the line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

Try to dial *VM on your phone or *86 that will give you the Voice Mail interface and from there you can toggle it to be on/off, hope it helps! Keep us posted Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That will only turn off the notification for new voicemails.

To remove the ability to leave a voicemail from the line, the OP needs to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from another Verizon phone and request the removal of the voicemail feature from the line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

Oh! Now I know thanks, Ann154! Smiley Happy I rarely use voicemail so I'm not familiar on fully turning it off (I just use the *86 hehe)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would like to thank the community for responding. We appreciate your hard work. Because, Voicemail is a free feature that we offer all of our customers, you will have to contact us to have it turned off. Please send us Facebook post or Contact on Twitter for assistance.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

CleanteamofNY
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a solution that can be provided by verizon but they have no clue to give customers what they want when they want it!

It's simple Verizon, Voicemail ACTIVATION ON/OFF within app

OR

Hours to not to recieve VOICEMAIL BETWEEN HOURS SET BY CONSUMERS!