How can I make my number show up as an "unknown caller"?
ledhead1944

I have an HTC Rezound and  I would like to have my number show up to other callers as an "unknown" caller.  How can I do this from my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I make my number show up as an "unknown caller"?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dial *67 before dialing outgoing numbers; if you want it changed for all outgoing calls, log into your on-line MyVerizon account and change your caller ID.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcschnoor wrote:

I can think of SEVERAL reasons, with not wanting to give out your cell # as the top one on the list.

For example if you are using your personal phone for business, you would not necessarily want people calling you for business reasons at all hours of the night. Once your number gets out, it is hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

I have several coworkers that would prefer not letting their personal numbers get out to half of the people they contact through their jobs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

exactly. i used to block it when i had to call clients on the road. i've only EVER let it slip to 3 clients (out of about 150) and guess who now ONLY calls my cell line, instead of the office. weekends, holidays, etc.

i use google voice now, so it shows up on their end as a different number. they can still call that different number and get my cell, but at least then i know the call is coming through google voice so i know it's not friend or family and can simply let it go to voicemail.

edit: and trust me....once they have your cell, they do NOT lose it. they'll lose my address, fax number, and their own set of keys, but somehow when they get your cell #, it goes in to some magical vault of their.