How can I improve my cellphone signal at home?
clay282
Enthusiast - Level 1

Across the street it's great signal strength but my side of the street is heavily wooded and 1 bar is lucky. I can never use the phone held to my head I always have to put it on speaker and I literally know where to stand so the call isn't dropped. There has to be some way to get better coverage on my property without standing at the mailbox. Is there an app or way I can hand the call off to VOIP on my ISP wireless? It's bad enough I am considering stepping back in time and getting an actual land line phone again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I improve my cellphone signal at home?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clay282 Wesurely don't want you to have to stand at the mailbox in order to make a phone call. We do sell a network extender that works along with your highspeed or satellite internet service to boost call quality indoors. Before we provide you with a network extender, a network ticket needs to be filed with our technical support team. Have you had a ticket filed, yet? Check out more details about the extender: http://vz.to/IHRT6h

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clay282 Wesurely don't want you to have to stand at the mailbox in order to make a phone call. We do sell a network extender that works along with your highspeed or satellite internet service to boost call quality indoors. Before we provide you with a network extender, a network ticket needs to be filed with our technical support team. Have you had a ticket filed, yet? Check out more details about the extender: http://vz.to/IHRT6h

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

Not applicable

Verizon has stated they will have wi-fi calling by mid-2015. Until then as the rep said you could use a network extender. it's kind of weird that just gong across the street could affect signals that much. I it outside too or only inside. Could be the materials your house is made of affecting signals too.