How can I get car mode to work again on my Galaxy S4? It worked fine before Lollipop.
jeffnmarci

Before Lollipop installed Car Mode would read me text messages while I was driving.  It would even allow me to reply completely hands free.  Why was this feature disabled in the new update (Lollipop)?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get car mode to work again on my Galaxy S4? It worked fine before Lollipop.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jeffnmarci,

We want to make sure this works like it should for you. In lollipop hands free mode actually is car mode. This mode does only read out the sender's information when receiving a message, not the whole message. If you're looking to have the entire message read the best option would be looking at apps that might allow that.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I get car mode to work again on my Galaxy S4? It worked fine before Lollipop.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jeffnmarci,

Let's make sure we get your phone back to giving you the support you need. What happens when you try to access car mode now? Do you get any errors or anything like that?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Car mode was lumped into hands free.

did you get it working?

jeffnmarci

I had to download Car Dashdroid to get it to work. Handsfree mode only tells you who is texting. It doesn't read the text. Car Mode worked much better. I dont understand why they would disable this feature.

0 Likes
Re: How can I get car mode to work again on my Galaxy S4?  It worked fine before Lollipop.
mama23dogs
Legend

The settings are returned to default after the update.  You have to change settings to allow hands free to read text for you, among other services.   You will find the big update changed a lot of things you had set up already and now the menu and setting are relocated.  Pain the the neck, but it does work.

0 Likes
jeffnmarci

How do you change the settings for Car Mode? I saw where you can change them for Hands Free Mode. I did that, it didnt help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jeffnmarci,

We want to make sure this works like it should for you. In lollipop hands free mode actually is car mode. This mode does only read out the sender's information when receiving a message, not the whole message. If you're looking to have the entire message read the best option would be looking at apps that might allow that.

AndrewT_VZW
0 Likes