How can I get a new phone but keep my monthly bill the same?
silverstatue

I have been a Verizon customer for 12 years. In the past, whenever my 2 year contract was up, I would renew at the same rate, and I would be given the option to get a new phone for $200-$250. This worked out fine.

Right now I"m on a month to month because my contract expired. I currently pay $83 a month plus taxes, with unlimited talk/txt and 4GB data. The plan is great for me and fits my budget. However, when I go to add a new phone and renew, the Verizon reps bump my plan up to $98 plus taxes because they say my current rate is only for out of contract customers. I can't afford to pay over $100 a month.

OR they tell me i can keep my rate and not renew and pay the total retail price of the phone, which is insane. That would bring my monthly bill even higher, to $109 plus taxes.

Does anyone have any suggestions or other options? I can't believe that there is no kind of reward or credit for being a loyal customer. If there is no way to keep my bill under $100, I will have to switch carriers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I get a new phone but keep my monthly bill the same?
mama23dogs
Legend

Your only option to keep the monthly bill low is buy your phone at full cost.

I Buy mine on eBay.   Waiting 6 to 12 months is usually a great way to get a bargain.

0 Likes
Re: How can I get a new phone but keep my monthly bill the same?
Waterfowlone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Or you can walk into the store I have seen a few devices for sale about $89 to $150 out right price no contract month to month

0 Likes