How can I get a new copy of the Voicemail app for my LG Spectrum?
DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

How can I get a new copy of the Voicemail app for my LG Spectrum?  It no longer works....the screen say Loading please wait....the

!Visual Voice Mail - A Visual Voice Mail error has occurred.  Please try again. OK   I've tryed several times with the same message.  I've

deleted the app from my screen and replaced it from the Apps Library....still the same message.

I cannot find an answer on MyVerizon.  Any ideas?

Thank you,

Dee

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I get a new copy of the Voicemail app for my LG Spectrum?
stef7
Master - Level 2

Dee you might try the following:

1). First try Menu | Settings | Call Settings | Voicemail settings, and make sure it is set to *86. Make sure Voicemail Carrier has "My Carrier" selected. See if that fixes it.

Now, you have some other options:

2). Select the Phone Icon. Now when the dialer/keypad come up, do you have a little tape recorder icon to the left of the green telephone handset key? If so press that, and you should go to voice mail. Now that I think of it, it probably uses the informaiton from (1) above. Heh heh.

3). You could set up a Contact to go to your voicemail. The number would be *86.

Hope these ideas help.

0 Likes
DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for reply....I checked the settings in #1 and they are correct.

#2 The tape recorder does not work.  I get the error message I typed above.  This Tape Recorder Icon was on the Home Screen and it didn't work there either.

#3 The *86 does work as dialed....but I'd like to replace the Tape Recorder on my Home Screen.

Dee

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

OK, at least 3 is working.

I don't know how you have a Tape Recorder icon on your Home Screen. I cannot add one myself. But, I am running Holo Launcher in replacement of the default LG "Optimus" User Interface. It's much better in my opinion.

Try long pressing the icon and select Edit and maybe you can change some attribute of the icon.

Another thing you could do, is long-press an empty area of your desktop, to add an icon. Select Shortcut, then Select Contact, and scroll through your contact list and choose the contact that you added for *86.

You realize if you have voice mail you haven't heard, there is a tape recorder icon in the notification bar, which you touch and pull down, then press it to dial voicemail.

If that functionality doesn't work, you MIGHT want to consider doing a factory data reset on your device, but that is going to nuke all your personalizations and cause you work to set up again.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Ohhh, after experimenting more with my Spectrum, I found that application: the yellow tape icon right?

Have you tried downloading a program like 1Tap Cache Cleaner and running it and clearing all program caches? See if that helps.

0 Likes
DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks so much for all your suggestions Stef7. 

I was able to add the Tape Recorder app to my Home Screen my selecting it in the Blue/White Apps Icon at the bottom of the Home Screen and moving it to my Home Screen.  Only problem was it wouldn't work.  Just stopped working one day and couldn't figure out why.

As you can see in first couple of messages I tried a lot to get it to work.  After almost giving up after my last message I said let me try one more thing....my phone is connected to WiFi.  I turned off the WiFi and the Tape Recorder on my Home Page started to work again.  I left it on the VerizonWireless Network for a day and then turned on the WiFi again to see if it would stop working but it works now on the WiFi too..

So if it ever stops again I will put it back on the VerizonWireless Network direct.  

I could not find any info on this problem in the Verizon dBase and I was totally stumped.  Hope this is of help to someone.

Dee Smiley Happy

0 Likes