How can I easily delete a conversation with Message + ?
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using version 5.6.7.

When I view my list of conversations

and press/hold on a message,

a window pops up with a list of options.

One option is to Delete Conversation.

When I select that option, the pop up window closes,

the message's icon changes to a blue check mark,

the menu on top of the screen changes.

In the last version of this app I would get a verification message at this point, and I was able to delete a conversation.

Now, in this version, I have to tap the garbage can icon on the top of the screen that appears in the menu on top of the screen.

I then get another pop up confirmation message about deleting the message.

Is something wrong here? Why can't I delete a conversation from that first list of options? Isn't that what the option "Delete Conversation" on that list is for?

This process is not logical. The extra steps don't make sense. I should get the verification message when I select "Delete Conversation" from that first list.

Is it possible that the upgrade to this app not complete yet? It seems like a mish-mash of old and new things.
(In the past, I have has apps updated in more than one step, which is why I am asking this question.)

In my opinion and based on my user experience, this new delete conversation process is illogical and does not work very well.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I easily delete a conversation with Message + ?
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps you are deleting the message to trash and then permanently deleting from trash?

0 Likes
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

???

No - Because the menu on top of the screen that I mentioned has other options besides the trash like "Mark As Read" and "Save File". Why would these be in the trash?.

Selecting "Delete Conversations" in the first pop up window takes me to the screen with these options. That does not make sense. "Delete Conversations should delete the conversation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marz-K, Thanks so much for bringing up this question. We want you to be confident that you are doing the right process of deleting your Verizon Message +. You have been taking the correct steps in the deleting process. http://vz.to/1K6bAhI
NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
marz-K
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cust. Support:

Thanks for the reply; but, it was not helpful.

I am trying to delete a conversation not a message like I was able to before. The new process has uneccsessary steps.

0 Likes