How can I disable drive mode on S6?
timcoates
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi all, excited to have new S6 but the drive mode turns on at random, even when I'm sitting at my desk and phone is stationary. Very annoying for people to get texts saying I'm driving when I'm not driving. The instructions for disabling this feature on S5 and other devices don't seem to hold for S6. Does anyone have similar issues and figured this out? I ended up moving my default message app to Samsung from Verizon as a result.

Thanks,

Tim

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I disable drive mode on S6?
timcoates
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi John, thanks for your response. It was happening a lot. I walk with my phone from my home office to the kitchen and it turns on. The drive mode was part of the Verizon Messenger+ app. I went back and forth with one of your colleagues on on Twitter about this and we solved it by having to "force stop" the application and changing the default to the Samsung messenger. You should let the development team know about this as it's going to prevent many people from using it as their main messenger app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
timcoates,

Let's get to the bottom of this! How often if this happening? How long has this been going on? Have you tried rebooting the phone? I reviewed the user manual https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Samsung/Galaxy%20S6/GalaxyS6_UM_33015.pdf for this phone and do not show this is an available setting on this phone.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
timcoates
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi John, thanks for your response. It was happening a lot. I walk with my phone from my home office to the kitchen and it turns on. The drive mode was part of the Verizon Messenger+ app. I went back and forth with one of your colleagues on on Twitter about this and we solved it by having to "force stop" the application and changing the default to the Samsung messenger. You should let the development team know about this as it's going to prevent many people from using it as their main messenger app.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Thank you for posting the fix

MDiva
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem with my S6. I called Verizon today and the rep directed me to Applications Manager, them prompted me to do a Clear Cache, Clear Data, Force Stop in the Message + app. At work now, so will only be able to see if this did the trick once I start walking or ride the train home this evening

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
timcoates,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm glad you were able to get this resolved with us via Twitter.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes