How can I backup my MMS?
CaptnFalcon

I tried using "SMS Backup and Restore" which only partially restored the MMS. Backup+ says it doesnt support MMS and it seems neither does Verizon cloud. I found the folder on my old phone that stored all of the received photos so I have copied them to my Computer but I have not yet found a way to copy them to my new phone. The "Content Transfer Tool" from Verizon hangs on "gathering list of content" or something like that.

Old phone is HTC Remix One. New phone is Galaxy S 6

I need to know either:

1) how to completely backup all text messages and sent/received MMS

2) what folder on the Galaxy S6 I can copy the photos to for them to be visible in either the messager or my gallery.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I backup my MMS?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Backing up your info is a great way to keep your info secure and accessible, Let see what options are available to back up your MMS CaptnFalcon. Do you have the MMS saved as pictures/videos? The reason we ask if that you are able to save your pictures if need be. Also, are you only using Verizon Message or do you use Google backup services as well?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Cloud backs up SMS but I think the first backup is lmited to 90 days or something like that.   The cloud app also has a content transfer tool built in that lets you copy content from one phone to another over wifi.  You can find it under the tools menu on the cloud app.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have personally used this app for reliably backing up SMS/MMS across a large number of devices. You can choose where to safe keep the data.

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes