Home WIFI signal strong, but I cant connect to internet unless i use my data? Samsung Galaxy S4.
mariab

I just got a "new" Samsung Galaxy S4 through an insurance claim last week, it worked fine when I activated it, but all of a sudden for the last 2 days I have not been able to access the internet through my home WIFI connection. The phone is connected to the WIFI with a "strong signal" but there is still no internet access. My family's other devices are using the WIFI just fine so it is not a router issue. If I turn my WIFI off on my
Galaxy I can access the internet with my Verizon data. Any advice on how to get access with my WIFI again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home WIFI signal strong, but I cant connect to internet unless i use my data? Samsung Galaxy S4.
Snn5
Legend

Does you router allow all connections or do you have a specified list of certain allowed devices?  I know mine can dis-allow new connections that request to be added.  I have to go into router settings and look for whatever it is I have that is new to my network, then allow it in the list.

0 Likes
Re: Home WIFI signal strong, but I cant connect to internet unless i use my data? Samsung Galaxy S4.
Klue
Master - Level 1

Have you connected your phone to another WiFi network to see if you can get on the internet?  This will rule out problems with the phone.

0 Likes