Holding Galaxy Nexus hostage?
gnexus

Verizon, you have failed the core Android community by holding the Nexus Galaxy hostage.  You've had this phone in house for months and now claim you "need more time to test."  Could you please explain what on earth is still undergoing testing?  ICS has been rubber stamped, Samsung has said the phone is ready to go, but yet VZW is the only carrier to be silent.  Is this to monetize the RAZR?  Are you worried about a breadth of users who actually know how to use their phone without bloatware on your network and the impact it may have?  I implore you to explain the repeated delays and give a firm release date.  

Thank you on behalf of the core Android community!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Holding Galaxy Nexus hostage?
Tidbits
Legend
FYI Google delayed the release worldwide... Seems more to the story than just VZW holding it hostage...
0 Likes
martyge

I just read online that several people,  who have contacted verizon either in-store or via telephone, have been told that the nexus will be available for order tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm?

0 Likes
Scottyrn
Yes Verizon.... How much longer? I am thinking about heading to T Moble or AT&T.
0 Likes
honors21
Enthusiast - Level 3
Anyone thinking about buying this should think twice. I thought about it but then I saw some reviews and you tube and droid forums the software has lag can't live with it.I will stick to my Razr.
0 Likes
gnexus

honors21 wrote:
Anyone thinking about buying this should think twice. I thought about it but then I saw some reviews and you tube and droid forums the software has lag can't live with it.I will stick to my Razr.

Do you work for Verizon {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
re4ee
Enthusiast - Level 2

honors21 wrote:

Seeing as none of the test phones (VZW branded) had a 4GLTE sim card in them, it is quite understandable that they would exhibit lag.

0 Likes
gnexus

LOL! Hey at least someone from Verizon is reading this!!!  cathy298, care to tell us what the delay is and why you're holding the Galaxy Nexus hostage?  At this point your company is looking very bad for its silence and ignorance with this release.  Simple transparency is pretty easy to provide.  KTHXBYE.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

gnexus wrote:

LOL! Hey at least someone from Verizon is reading this!!!  cathy298, care to tell us what the delay is and why you're holding the Galaxy Nexus hostage?  At this point your company is looking very bad for its silence and ignorance with this release.  Simple transparency is pretty easy to provide.  KTHXBYE.

LOL, indeed!

You say that you know what the holdup is, yet are unable to reveal it because of an NDA which you have. Do you not think that the Verizon employees don't have similar agreements where they are unable to reveal information until they are given the go ahead? (Edit: that is if they even have this information in the 1st place)

Why do you need it revealed, as you have stated you already have this information? Instead of trying to get someone else to violate their NDA, why don't you just step up and do it yourself!

0 Likes
gnexus

Well my NDA isn't with Verizon so there are only two other possibilities, you can decide which.  At this point I'm not sure who any vzw employee would have an NDA agreement with other than themselves.  They could easily provide simple information such as we are targeting X day.  Oh sorry, we encountered a potential bug with the phone, we're now targeting date Y.  I only know from my end the phone itself has been ready to go for close to a month.  Last weeks disaster was all on Verizon and likely due to Wallet, but their moronic stance on that adds frustration to this whole thing.  It would be nice to hear Verizon explain why the continued delays held up multiple release dates once it is finally released (Thursday) because I think the community deserves to know.  

0 Likes