Ho and when
EdwinG3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ho is responsible for the issues of the 5.0.1 update (no WiFi notification and battery drain), and when gonna be fixed. Please someone replied.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ho and when
mama23dogs
Legend

Google.   5.0 was a massive update.  I have very fast internet, yet the update and install took about 2 hours total.  Any interruption might cause problems.

TRy a hard reboot first.  Hold the power and home key until your phone turns off, then on again.  Then release.

IF that doesn't help backup your information and do a factory reset.

0 Likes
EdwinG3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for that advice but don't work for me. I even try manually WiFi

ip reset on my phone and I don't wanna be rooted.

LG G3 From Verizon

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Who said anything about rooting?

I Said hard reboot, or factory reset. 

IF you are still having a problem, take it in to Verizon for service.  Back up you phone first.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
EdwinG3,

I am certainly sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your device. That is definitely not the experience we want you to have with the new update. I will be happy to help troubleshoot to ensure it is fully functional. What type of phone you have? When you say no WIFI notification, is this the list you show under your WIFI networks when it has detected a new connection?

I look forward to hearing back from you soon so we can get to the root cause for a prompt resolution.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
EdwinG3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a LG G3, and I can connect to the WiFi thru the gmail app. But not

thru the e-mail app like before the update. And I can't get no

notifications or gmail on wifi. The performance of the phone is slow, the

battery drain faster and the phone get hot. Really I'm not happy with this

situation, i pay a lot of money for a great phone in a great carrier, but

saddenly nobody knows how to fix this problem.

Please help.........

LG G3 From Verizon

On May 12, 2015 6:39 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi EdwinG3!

I realize the importance of having an operable device, let's look into this! When did you complete the update? Have you downloaded any new applications since the update? Please place your device into safe-mode and retest the device functionality while in safe-mode: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/ .

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
EdwinG3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried everything, factory reset, hard reset, manually ip reset on my phone WiFi and nothing works. I don't know what else to do.

0 Likes