HeatherJ0004

My old droid razr is not booting up. I don't use it as I upgraded however there are pictures still left on it that I would like to get off of it. Hoping someone can help. It's stuck on the red eye

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3
0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Silly question, but did you happen to back up to your cloud before you switched phones? Or perhaps it happened and you weren't aware of it?

0 Likes
HeatherJ0004

Not silly question, just a dumb answer as I did not. It worked just fine when I upgraded its been without charge for a few months and just thought nothing of it. I thought I could get those pics at any time.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You could pop the battery out, to get it to shut down, and then as you pop the battery back in hold power and volume down key. It should get the system screen to pop up; where you can choose to factory reset etc. You MAY be able to get it to start in safe mode.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I want to clarify don't factory reset, it's just the only thing I can picture that comes up on the screen.

0 Likes
HeatherJ0004

Am I able to take the battery out? If so how? I have the droid razr.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If it's a phone that the battery isn't meant to be removed, but can be and you just aren't comfortable doing it then just wait for the phone to die. If it's stuck on the red eye still it will eventually drain the battery. At that point plug it in and then try to boot it up by holding down the volume key and power button. If it doesn't get you to the screen to start in safe mode, un-plug it, let it die, and then do it again.

0 Likes
HeatherJ0004

I hold the buttons down until the screen comes up that I want? Does it take a bit? I was charging the phone when it got "stuck".

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is the phone currently off? Does it have a little bit of a charge? You need those two things to happen first.

Then hold the volume key and press the power button together, should take about 10 seconds.

0 Likes
HeatherJ0004

Tried that and it went back to the red eye and stayed there. Try to turn it off and it seems to shut off then turns back on. When I held the buttons down I never saw the screen to reset. Did I not wait long enough?

0 Likes