Help with text messaging on Droid Eris
edetmer

Is there a way to set a limit to how many msgs it will receive before auto deleting?  And on the same note...i have 4000 msgs from one person and everytime I try to delete them my phone locks up and I have to force close...even when I try to do them one at a time?  Help!  I want to delete all these msgs and set my phone so it doesn't hold so many at one time!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help with text messaging on Droid Eris
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately there is not an option to set a limit on how many text messages you want your phone to hold. A factory reset for your phone may be the only option in deleting the 4000 messages from one person on your phone without having to deal with your phone foreclosing. Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state—the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. It is Important before you reset your phone to make sure to back up important data you have on the phone. Click on this link to the user manual to get step by step directions on resetting your phone; http://infomanagerdoc.ddc.vzwcorp.com/EQUIPMENT_GUIDE/equipment_guide/wep/Manual/htc/Eris.pdf starting on page 211

0 Likes
Re: Help with text messaging on Droid Eris
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

There's an app available called "delete old messages" on the marketplace that looks like it might do what you need or perform a similar function. Check it out and see what you think.

Also, I can tell you that deleting 4000 messages will take a looooong time. So although it may seem like your phone is locked up, it may actually be trying to do it's thing. Maybe hit it before you go to bed and let it ride overnight. I don't know, just a thought maybe.

0 Likes