Help with DROID Eris notification
omeutfan68

I have a notification in my status bar that says phone storage space is getting low. I have tried everything to fix it. It won't let me hardly text or download anything. I have a 8G SD card installed and I know it is nowhere close to being full. Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help with DROID Eris notification
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

omeutfan68 wrote:

I have a notification in my status bar that says phone storage space is getting low. I have tried everything to fix it. It won't let me hardly text or download anything. I have a 8G SD card installed and I know it is nowhere close to being full. Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

I believe that means the phone's INTERNAL storage is getting low.  Go to Settings> Applications>Manage Applications.  Let the phone think a bit until the "Manage Applications" bar is completely gray.  Press menu and "Sort by size".  Then start going through each application and clearing the cache out.  While you are in there consider uninstalling some of the applications you have downloaded.  That should help.

Also if you go to SD card & phone storage, it will tell you how much internal phone storage you have.  I try and keep my no lees that 30 MB and I usually average around 50 MB.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Help with DROID Eris notification
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
One thing that fills up the internal memory fast is the email app (not gmail), it stores emails on internal storage. I changed the receive on that from "all" to "7 days" and my notification went away. Do this along with the steps mentioned above and you should be fine.
0 Likes