Help with 3 items. Cant find in search
Firebat

Hi all.  I been following the forums some.

Well I been playing with my phone and have couple things I am curious on.

1.  I set up the slide screen unlock pattern.  I decided I dont want it.  But now I cannot get ride of it and put it back to the normal slide to open pattern.

2.  I also set up the email account to check my email. I decided I dont like to be able to just click without a password once everything was set up so I tried to delete it.

Poblem is I cant find a way to delete the email info on my phone. Plus I click check email never and it keeps defaulting to check every 15 minutes.

3.  I like the weather bug.  But even though I kill the task it still seems to pop up once in while.  Any ideas?

Thank you all very much.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help with 3 items. Cant find in search
Firebat

Oh and its with aol for email if that helps any.  I might keep it but it wont only shows the new ones.  It shows the new and read one ones.  Do I have to go into the phone to click all read as well?? 

0 Likes
ibanez737
Contributor - Level 1
For the pattern lock, you should be able to go into Settings > location and security settings, you should be able to uncheck "require pattern" to disable pattern lock. Make sure you hit the BACK button and not the home button when you are done or the settings will not change. This is for all changes. For your email, if you are talking about your gmail acct, theres not much you can do to remove it if its the default gmail acct that you linked the phone with. You can disable syncing so it wont receive emails, but as long as you use that gmail address with the phone, its in there. You can usually delete the secondary gmail accts. I no longer use the defailt email app for pop3 so if you need help with pop3, it should usually give you the option, but can give you more specifics if need be. I believe the way weatherbug is coded is making it show back up this way even after you kill it. I know when I tried it out and killed the process, it would come back up with the tray icon next to my default weather one. I don't know of a way around this at the moment since I no longer use WB. Hope this helps some.
0 Likes
Firebat

Ill try hitting back on the security slide.  I thought I tried that and home.  But maybe I kept hitting home.

The email was my aol account.  Im not worried bout the gmail one.  But I appreciate the info!

0 Likes