Re: Hello HTC EVO - G'Bye Nexus One
ItsLukeThePuke

I agree with everyone here Sprints not up to par and neither is T-Mobile.... But Verizon is starting to get old to me i mean looking around at all the carriers nowadays it seems like there getting new phones every month or so. Smartphones are becoming more and more common even with older generations of people but i believe that Verizon is still trying to get dumb crap phones in there lineup and not so many smartphones for some reason. I mean common with all the phones out NO ONE! wants an EnV 3 or a Blackberry Curve anymore! I don't know when there supposedly getting new phones but i hope its soon! I love my droid but these new phones (EVO) are looking pretty stunning.

0 Likes
albiewan

I say the EVO is THE phone!!  Not going to go with Sprint though.  I'll bet the rent money that VZW will have an HTC phone just like it or even better real soon!  In the mean time, I'll grab the Incredible.

0 Likes
ajac09

Sorry but sprint so much better then verizon. No where else you can spend 200 a month and have 5 smart phones. Verzion is over priced and only reason its network is so big is becasue of aquistions. But hey your a huge 3g network to bad your 4g hasnt taken off yet. At least you guys are getting the incredible.. you know the baby smaller version of the evo. I hope verzion NEVER buys sprint I dont wanan have to spend tons of money for just about the same service.  I know I know your network is huge but with sprint I can use your network for free love free roaming.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

jsh1120 wrote:

ajac09 wrote:

Only reason verzion is number one is becasue of purchasing of alltell wasnt for that they woudl be barely above sprint in numbers of people....

Uh, right...And if Sprint hadn't purchased Nextel? It doesn't really matter, though. Alltell has about 13 million customers when it was purchased by Verizon. Verizon has about 36 million more customers than Sprint. You might want to try your arithmetic again.

It doesn't matter.  Verizon was already the largest cell phone provider before they bought Alltel.  The only thing buying Alltel did was increase the distance between Verizon and AT&T as far as subscriber numbers.  Alltel was already leasing service on Verizon towers.  That is why it was easy to merge them.  The only thing that had to change was PRL's and even that didn't change much.  So buying Alltel didn't increase the Verizon network it mearly increased the subscriber base and saved Verizon from a lawsuit for creating calling circles. 

Sprint has never been a contendor it has always been an upstart.  Both the Sprint and Nextel networks use a interstate based tower placement strategy where AT&T and Verizon use a population based method.  I don't see Verizon buying Sprint because Sprint uses a different band so it would be more difficult to transition everyone. 

I was on Sprint for years Had to pay a large sum to leave them when I did because I couldn't make calls.  I tried several different phones.  It was basically fine in Dallas/Ft Worth but in Nashville Sprint is useless.  There are only a few specific parking lots where I can get a signal. 

0 Likes