Re: Hello HTC EVO - G'Bye Nexus One
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Nexus2L8 wrote:

I'm tired of waiting for no news on the Nexus One. I told our Verizon rep that if he could give us some info as to when to expect the Nexus or if we could even get it from Verizon instead of through Google, our company would stay. But I just get that "deer in the headlights" look back like he has no clue.

Well here comes the new HTC EVO. Everything a smartphone should be. So we've waited this long for "NexusOne coming soon to Verizon", a few months more for a better phone won't kill us.

Good luck everyone.

do y'all really know what you are talking about?

i have been with T-mobile, at&t and sprint.

in no way have they been able to compare to the phones that verizon have offered now and in the past.

when i had sprint and then t moble, i had the flip open phone, verizon came out with the phones where the keyboard slide open.

when i had at&t, i had the LgVu c920, verizon had the touches and omnia's

the G1? please, the G1 couldnt hold a candle to the droid (i actually wanted to say something else but it would only get modified)

so the other companies get lucky and come out with a newer phone first, it's probably only because they paid up the waazhoo to get it before verizon.

it was apple that came to verizon FIRST for the iphone, but it was Verizon that said no because they cared more about customer service than bow down to apple, i guess at&t didnt mind being apples whipping boy.

and now this little tid bit:

http://blog.flurry.com/bid/31410/Day-74-Sales-Apple-iPhone-vs-Google-Nexus-One-vs-Motorola-Droid

wanna leave verizon, then leave, guarantee you will be on the other forums in a couple of months complaining how the customer service of AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint stink, how support for the phones are no where to be found, or how come Verizon just got the latest new phone while you have a piece of junk that doesn't do what you want.

Buh-Bye

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

0 Likes
frosty8725

i agree 100% with this post...the person who posted before i guess didnt want the iphone for at&t that has been out for years...i was sooo excited when the nexus one was confirmed for verizon on january 5th...before that i has highly considering the driod but i kno the Nexus One is better...even since the end of january i have been online almost every day lookin for a release date for Verizon but nothing came up untill early march when a rumor started that Verizon would announce something on the 23rd...that has come and past...i hope they say somthin soon because if they dont i m taking my business somewhere else like sprint. or hell at&t...i hope Verizon proves me wrong and annonces somthing within the next two days...but if not...will be gettin a good phone on a subpar carrier but at least i will be getting a good phone

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

frosty8725 wrote:

...i hope they say somthin soon because if they dont i m taking my business somewhere else like sprint. or hell at&t...i hope Verizon proves me wrong and annonces somthing within the next two days...but if not...will be gettin a good phone on a subpar carrier but at least i will be getting a good phone

Its none of my business of course, but would you really give up the customer service and coverage you get with one carrier to get a "cooler phone" on another?

0 Likes
sranger

Lets see,  this week at CTIA in review:

Sprint announced what is likely to be the best smart phone ever released....

and

Verizon fires back with an announcement that you can use skype on their phones ( of course it will probably be late... )

Yea, that will show Sprint who's boss...

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

sranger wrote:

Lets see,  this week at CTIA in review:

Sprint announced what is likely to be the best smart phone ever released....

and

Verizon fires back with an announcement that you can use skype on their phones ( of course it will probably be late... )

Yea, that will show Sprint who's boss...

yes, and it was the cigarette companies that said cigarettes dont cause cancer, so lets always believe the people putting out the product

0 Likes
bb2droid
Enthusiast - Level 2

SPRINT FTW!

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
So you are leaving Verizon for Sprint? are you listening to what you are saying? have you dealt with their customer service? Their network? good luck on that... specially with their HUGE 4g footprint... Verizon is getting 4g very soon.
0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

jjbecket wrote:

Why cant these carriers and manufacturers just make a great phone (EVO) and send it across the board to verizon, at&t, tmobile and sprint and then let us decide which carrier is the best for the region we live in...instead of picking the phone we like best...and then have to live witht he service that may or may not work?

It's not as easy as making 1 phone for everyone. Verizon is CDMA where as most other carriers are GSM. With GSM if you get a phone unlocked it can go on any other GSM carrier but because Verizon uses CDMA only CDMA phones will work. So phone manufacturers would either have to make all phones CDMA and GSM in or or 2 different models. Which I'm sure will only increase the cost of phones.

0 Likes
frosty8725

i feel like i m being talked to from a bunch of verizon reps...i have been with verizon for 8 years now and yes i never had a problem and also never really had to call for service other than some **bleep** bill mistakes but in jersey there is really no problem with service from other providers...so i dont need the customer service here in jersey...in another state maybe but in jersey everyone pretty much has the same coverage

0 Likes
cdilson

I say hit them where it hurts, their pocketbook. They have the highest plans and show no respect to their customers. Boycott Verizon till they give their customers what they want instead of making them feel like slaves to their network.

0 Likes