Having problems calling comcast home account from verizon cell phone?
bbushaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can call everywhere but home (comcast voice) from my verizon SamsungS5.  My husband has the same issues.  The call goes through but I can't hear anything when the home phone answers.  The answering party can hear me but I can't hear them.  This only seems to happen when I call or receive calls from my home comcast phone.  When someone with ATT cell phone calls all works. I get the same behavior with my or my husbands Samsung S5.  We call each other or other parties with cell phones and that seems to work.  I called Comcast and they reset modem but not difference.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Having problems calling comcast home account from verizon cell phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets dig deeper to get to the bottom of this . If I am readin this correctly, your cell phones are able to call each other and other numbes without any trouble. Is that correct? The only number they are having trouble with is your Comcast home phone?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bbushaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is correct.  I can call my husbands cell phone, I can call anyone but home.  He has the very same problem.  He can call me but when either of us call our home phone we get a ring but when you answer the home phone you cannot hear the calling party.  When I call the cell phones from home the very same thing happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'll keep going bbushaw. When did this start happening? I've not heard of this as a common or known issue. How are you dialing when calling comcast?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes