Have a question about call waiting, but cannot get keyboard up in body...why? Eris droid user.
yotagimlet
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Have a question about call waiting, but cannot get keyboard up in body...why? Eris droid user.
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

yotagimlet wrote:

LOL, sorry but this may be the funniest post I've seen on this board. Guess it's a good thing I got the Moto (with keyboard) instead of the HTC Droid. Have you tried going to HTML view, it works better for me even with the physical keyboard.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Have a question about call waiting, but cannot get keyboard up in body...why? Eris droid user.
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

yotagimlet wrote:

LOL, sorry but this may be the funniest post I've seen on this board. Guess it's a good thing I got the Moto (with keyboard) instead of the HTC Droid. Have you tried going to HTML view, it works better for me even with the physical keyboard.
0 Likes
ivorycruncher
Contributor - Level 1

If the keyboard won't pop up automagically, then press and hold the Menu button for a few seconds.  That will pop open the keyboard no matter what's currently displaying on the screen.

0 Likes
HTML and menu are a 'no go'. Still stuck here.
yotagimlet
0 Likes
Re: HTML and menu are a 'no go'. Still stuck here.
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

yotagimlet wrote:

I really wish I could help, but I still find your posts (or lack therof) funny. I'm sure that you've done this, but after you've selected the HTML or Rich Text tab you have to pick a spot within the message box before you can type. If it's selected it should be highlighted.
0 Likes
Big_Red_Loyal

wow. i have never understood why people are so mean on these forums since the forums are designed to help people with their new phones.

i'm not trying to get into an internet fight, those are pointless. i'm just saying i have never understood this. furthermore, don't allow anyone's rudeness discourage you from posting your questions. there is no such thing as a bad question and all questions are welcome!

anyway, ivorycruncher is correct.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

Big_Red_Loyal wrote:

wow. i have never understood why people are so mean on these forums since the forums are designed to help people with their new phones.

i'm not trying to get into an internet fight, those are pointless. i'm just saying i have never understood this. furthermore, don't allow anyone's rudeness discourage you from posting your questions. there is no such thing as a bad question and all questions are welcome!

anyway, ivorycruncher is correct.

My most humble apologies if I came across as mean or rude.  That was never my intention.  I just found it very amusing.  If you didn't  notice, I was also trying to help.  I actually applaud yotagimlet for at least trying to get his message across through the use of just the subject line.  Many people would have just given up.

I completely agree with you about the hostility and ugly comments that are often posted on boards like this and I always try to take the higher road on those situations.  I do not participate here to flame people, only to help.  Again, my apologies.

0 Likes
Look what I can do!
yotagimlet
SUCCESS! Went in to my settings and got rid of rich text. Before I ask my question about call waiting, let me just say that I was not offended in the least, dude. You made me laugh on a most somber of anniversaries for me and for that, I thank you. When you mentioned the html, I knew that had something to do with it, but I had no tab to choose it, so I had to go into settings. The menu button only brings up bookmarks and windows options. No keyboard. Just wanted to throw that out for anyone else with such a problem. Now, as for my original, all be it, less entertaining question, is there any way to cut off call waiting?
0 Likes
Re: Look what I can do!
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

yotagimlet wrote:
SUCCESS! Went in to my settings and got rid of rich text. Before I ask my question about call waiting, let me just say that I was not offended in the least, dude. You made me laugh on a most somber of anniversaries for me and for that, I thank you. When you mentioned the html, I knew that had something to do with it, but I had no tab to choose it, so I had to go into settings. The menu button only brings up bookmarks and windows options. No keyboard. Just wanted to throw that out for anyone else with such a problem. Now, as for my original, all be it, less entertaining question, is there any way to cut off call waiting?

I'm glad you were able to get it working and that I could give you a chuckle.  It may have just been the mood I was in at the time, but I literally laughed out loud when I saw the title of your first post and the empty contents.  I had some issues to start with trying to post from my phone, so maybe it was more of an empathetic laugh.

I don't think I can help you with your main question though.  So far I haven't had an instance on the Droid to even use call waiting.  I know on my old WinMo phone, when another call came in while I was already on a call, it would give me the option to ignore or answer the new call.  I'll be interested to see how it works on the Droid.

0 Likes
Call waiting
yotagimlet
I think maybe my phone has a glitch. While on one call, should someone else call in, instead of a tone to announce new caller, I get dead air. If I am not paying attention, and ignore the call, it will switch itself over and I will proceed with my discussion, only to find that I am having the discussion with the wrong person. If, by chance, I do realize that a third party is calling, when I look at the screen to decide whether to take or ignore the call, the name of the person I had been talking to is there with the number of the new person. (I'll give you a minute, dude, to let that one register.) :smileytongue: So, I would say that other than not being sure who I am talking to, I am plum happy with my droid. Seriously, am I looking at needing to exchange or can I just cut call waiting off?
0 Likes