Has anyone have the problem to close Verizon wireless account? I have requested via customer service a few times already and still not be able to close it!
Verizon_Community

We tried to call Verizon customer services a few times requesting to close the wireless account since 05/12, but now we still have the account opening.  We talked with the customer services, they first said that they can't close it and we have to wait until the next billing cycle, which is 06/04 to close it.  This is ridiculous because we don't use it and have to pay the service until 06/04.  The contract has already been passed.  Other wireless carrier allows us to close it anytime and date when we want to.  So, we don't know if anyone of you have any issue like this before.  If yes, how do you resolve the issue?  Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone have the problem to close Verizon wireless account?  I have requested via customer service a few times already and still not be able to close it!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Verizon_Community,

I regret to learn that you are looking to cancel your service. When cancelling, you are billed through the end of your billing cycle as indicated in your customer agreement. Here's a link to show you the terms of the agreement: http://vz.to/1n70imc

We hope to serve your wireless needs in the future.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone have the problem to close Verizon wireless account? I have requested via customer service a few times already and still not be able to close it!
Verizon_Community

Thank you for the information.  I click on the Terms of the agreement linked provided by you, and I see the information saying "Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then"  under the following topic.

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY POSTPAY SERVICE IS CANCELED BEFORE THE END OF MY CONTRACT TERM?

However, I don't see any terms for the customers who cancel the postpay service AFTER the end of their contract term!  So, I really feel this is a dishonest schema to the customers.  I am wondering how many customers would come back to use Verizon service again compared to other wireless carriers.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone have the problem to close Verizon wireless account? I have requested via customer service a few times already and still not be able to close it!
nomor

im having he same problem  no reply from phone staff i have not talk to an agent yet to resovle this  i have ask to down grade my service for months an still get stuck with a 200+ bill with less than 50 calls an 75 text thank verizon an 1gb
    costumer service to keep us paying  you paid way to much

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to ensure you are getting the best value for your money nomor. Let's get to the bottom of your calling plan concerns. Which calling plan have you been trying to change too? Have you reached out to our Customer Service Team to inquire why it has not been changed? Have you tried to change the plan online via My Verizon?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes